Episode 10 | 30 June, 2020 | Time 39:16
WHERE TO LISTEN & SUPPORT: anchor.fm/ictsos
Our Executive Director Jennifer White sat down virtually with Wichita Police Department Chief of Police Gordon Ramsay to talk about the changes that have already happened, are happening now, and still need to happen within the police force and the Wichita community produce positive changes.
Chief Ramsay was appointed as the Wichita Police Chief in January 2016. Since arriving in Wichita, he has focused on pushing officers closer to the communities they serve, building relationships, increasing the use of technology, and reducing crime. He has successfully worked with our community to create Wichita’s civilian review board and focuses on de-escalation, communication, and tactics to lower use of force incidents.
If you would like to hear the Chief’s Response to:
- The murder of George Floyd
- Defunding the Police
- Diversity in the police department
- His predictions for the next 5 years in policing
Please listen to this KFH Radio Interview with Chief Ramsey
Interview with Wichita Life ICT:
You can also read the City of Wichita Response to the Community published on June 25th.
Current community programs:
- Homeless Outreach Team
- Social Workers
- Social Workers from the Department of Children and Family are currently embedded with Wichita Police Department to respond to situations involving children.
- Integrated Care Team-Co-Responder for Mental Health Crises
- Lights On
- Youth Intervention Division
- Chief Ramsay outlines his hopes for this program in today’s podcast.